Acne is one of the most common problems people experience on their facial skin. According to statistics, acne affects more than 85% of young adults and adolescents. It can be caused by stress, hormones, puberty, the pollution in Mumbai, and genetics. Acne also tends to leave scars on the face long after it has disappeared. If you like pricking your pimples on your own, you are likely to have serious acne scars or even infections. Do you live Mumbai and are suffering from acne and acne scars? Go to a dermatologist who is based in the city.
Have a dermatologist look at your acne scars to find out which treatment is best for you. Acne scars usually leave deep pits or even angular scars. Both surgical and non-invasive acne scar treatments are available, and the best mode of treatment will depend on the condition of your skin.
Some of the solutions for acne scar treatment can include:
* Scar tissue removal surgery – This will usually involve getting skin flaps from healthy skin that is adjacent to the scarred area. Scar tissue removal surgery can be followed up with skin grafting depending on the gravity of scarring.
* Z-plasty – This technique makes use of z-shaped incisions to move scar tissue to an area that is less visible.
* Dermabrasion or micro-dermabrasion – A non-surgical procedure, this process scrapes away at the scar tissue on the face.
* Laser resurfacing – Laser is used to target scars on the face, which will then cause healthy skin underneath to surface.
* Steroid injections – This is commonly used for hypertrophic scars or keloid. Steroids significantly reduce the size of the scars.
* Silicone gels or creams – This will be used to apply directly onto the scar with the desired effect of flattening the skin.
Each acne scar treatment has its own advantages and disadvantages, Usually, the more expensive ones offer quicker results while cheaper ones will take a lot more time to show visible effects. Remember that surgical acne treatment procedures should be taken seriously as they are still surgeries. It’s best to go to a face-to-face consultation with a dermatologist to have your face examined.
Before going to a dermatologist, you should also be prepared to ask some questions. A dermatologist is likely to ask your daily skin regimen or what type of products you use on your face. Indicate the brand of the soap or make-up that you use or you can bring those so the dermatologist can check their ingredients.